Friday, November 27, 2009

I'd like to know a little more about opera singing?

I am a 21 year old British lad with quite a deep voice. I'd like to learn how to sing with the aim of becoming an opera singer but don't have the first idea of how to go about this. I think I have quite a flat voice when I speak so that might need sorting.



When I say opera singer I'd just like to learn this style, but don't think I'd ever be good enough to be a pro! At 21 I'm probably too old to start learning anway...but I was going to start going to lessons, is there anything I should practice first, and how do I do this? Thanks!



PS, Andrea Bocelli singing 'It's time to say goodbye'- this is how I'd like to sound in the shower!



I'd like to know a little more about opera singing?uninstall internet explorer



Twenty-one is definitely NOT to old to start. Do you know most opera singers do NOT hit their prime until 35 to 40 years old. Sometimes older than that for many men. That is what I LOVE about classical music. Opera is not like pop where at the age of 30, most of the singers are washed up! Actually about 10 years ago before the media drowned us in unhealthy images, most opera companies would not even LOOK at you until you turned 30. Anyone under 30 were turned away until their voice matured more. NOW IS A PERFECT TIME to start your training to become an awesome opera singer.



Let me tell you something else, you NEVER know what is in the cards for you once you start training as an opera singer. When I started understanding the fundamentals of opera, I was only 18 and I didn't have a CLUE! I didn't know that I was capable of being a pro. Now I am a professional opera singer. The difference is how much you are willing to train and work at it. I wouldn't try to practice anything before going into a lesson, because you don't want to teach yourself bad habits. What you want to do is go into your lesson raw! Meaning let your voice teacher work with you and mold you into an opera singer. He/she knows you are new to training, and this person will not judge you. As a matter of fact, they might appreciate the fact that you are a clean slate, and you haven't developed bad classical singing habits. The most important thing for you to do is LISTEN and OBSERVE in your lesson. Follow what they tell you. Now if it hurts and the teacher ignores it, find another voice teacher. But if it feels weird, but feels right, trust your voice teacher. I am telling you, singing classical music might take your heart! Keep focus in your lessons, don't give up when you "don't get it" because soon it will come. You will not "get it" all in one or two lessons, and one day you will. I am so excited for you and enjoy your new singing endeavors! It is challenging, but oh it is soooooooooooooooooooooo worth it!



I'd like to know a little more about opera singing?microsoft.com internet explorer



First off, no one is ever too old to learn music! Some of the greatest still learn through their careers. First off, if you want to sing opera, you have to work with your reasonators. These reasonators help project your voice(throat mouth lungs and diagraphm). Make sure you are breathing correctly by making sure stomache doesn't go in when you sing(it is okay to look a little bit bigger). Try singing vowels like ah and oh and eh and uh. Sing them softly and slow. Then build up. Next sing louder and stronger. And keep going until you feel you have ben able to sing to an entire audience without a microphone(that is what operatic singers do). Then do the same with a word.(your choice) Then do the same thing. Then do two, than threee, than four, and then into sentences. All this time you are trying to train your voice to work with you and your reasonators to really project your voice without hurting your voice. Always make sure you are breathing well and make sure you work your reasonators to help you project your voice(don't forget tro drop your jaw) and pronopunciate! Alwys try and make sure you are ALWAYS hydrated! You will sing better!-Good Luck(Hope this helps you)(That would be cool to seee you on the stage singing the male lead of Madame butterfly!)
You are never too old and for a guy 21 is a good time.



You say your going to start lessons. This is an excellent idea. You do not need to do anything before hand, the teacher will want to see what you have now so that they can work out a programme to improve and correct any mistakes. It's what they do. Practicing before hand without supervision could cause you to pick up bad habbits which are hard to break.



Just sing alot and take the teachers advice.



Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security