Friday, November 27, 2009

Which of the Phantom of the Opera is your favorite, and why?

Which Phantom of the Opera do you like better, the book, play, or movie (the most recent)? And why?



Which of the Phantom of the Opera is your favorite, and why?windows 2000



I've seen both the movie and the play, and undoubtedly the play is my favorite.



I've seen old video of Michael Crawford, which is incredible, and even whoever was on tour when I saw it was amazing. There was real talent on that stage, and even in basically the back row where I was sitting, I was getting chills from the scenery and I cried at the end, there was just so much emotion in it. The time I saw it, you could really see the deformity, which was nice.



I honestly did not like the movie at all. I felt it was over made over to be what Hollywood wanted. I felt the girl who played Christine lacked that amazing voice you need to have, mostly because she's so young, and Gerard Butler is FAR to attractive to play Phantom. Phantom in my eyes is supposed to be haunting looking with just a hint of the handsomeness he used to have, but Gerard Butler just played to the teenage fan girls who want someone hot. Plus I wasn't overwhelmed by his voice either. The deformity was barely there at all, which is such a big part of it, and the movie overall just lacked the emotion I felt in the play.



Which of the Phantom of the Opera is your favorite, and why?internet explorer internet explorer



Though the original is undoubtedly a classic, I like how the newer version attracted a younger aged and otherwise broader crowd. The movie did a fantasic job of portraying all that goes into the movie, as far as the dramatic, the romance, the music, the suspense...But they are both awesome...
The book by Gaston Leroux is classic, and without it, no things Phantom come. I enjoyed the book Phantom by Susan Key.



I'm even a fan of the Robert Englund Phantom, even if he's quite gory, sometimes I just like a bloodthirsty Phantom. Lon Chaney and Claude Reins are faves, too.



But for the musical? There is no other than Michael Crawford. His voice is just haunting in "The Music of the Night" and he captured the essence of the romantic, as opposed to the horrifying, Phantom. The Phantom was either a figure of horror or pity until Michael Crawford.



Another lesser known but excellent fave is Jeff Hyssop of "Today's Special" fame.



Gerard Butler has a coarse rock star voice, so he really isn't my favourite, and is so good looking I can ignore his so-called deformity. It looks like a birthmark, really, that could be covered in a Bare Minerals infomercial.



The Theatre Phantom needed deformity that could be seen in the last row!
Oh, what a hard choice! I have yet to see the play, but should do so soon. The movie was amazing, the sets, the characters, the plot, absolutely breath taking. I saw the movie before I read the book. The book has more in depth explanations, such as why to 'keep your hand at the level of your eye'. The movie provides such a range of visual stimulation, that is just not provided in the book. I like the movie better, for the story, for the actors (GERARD BUTLER), and for the visuals. But, particularly for me... the music!
i love the book, and the musical is wonderful, its probably my favorite show, but i like the movie. i like the stage play better than the screenplay, and gerard butler is no michael crawford, but there is so much you can do on the big screen that you cant do on the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security